Exhaust manifold flexi...

Mine has definitely gone, can see what I think is the hole, definitely can hear it and smell the exhaust gases with the bonnet open.

The MOT is up on the 14th and have no idea if it will pass as is, is there anything I can do to tide it over and get it though? Friendly MOT tester near Blackpool?

its a fail......

could try one of those exhaust wraps/repair type bandages round the flexi - as long as its not leaking and is sealed the emission will be correct and it cant fail for a blow before the silencer

it would be a bit fiddly to get at it to do it

The car is going in on monday to have the flexi replaced with new fexi or if they have too, solid piping, its not going to be perfect but will last till i can afford a complete exhaust, as long as it gets though the MOT.

Last edited:
i wouldnt have solid pipe fitted, it will just crack apart in no time, make sure its a flexi they put in

How old is the car? This happened to mine and I spoke to RUK and they offered a contribution to a replacement manifold. Might be worth a call to them?

Arnold Clark. Got it back now all sorted with its MOT.

Turns out they used that same exhaust place in st Anne's for the work I was going to use, but they got it done far cheaper.

Cost £430 inc the MOT. But I have a bit of a story to tell on the total costs for all the work, ill PM you Ross later.

Last edited: