Exhaust Hole?

Just for confusion - I'll add that when I fitted Toyo manifold only: I thought low down pull suffered and was worse than standard.

Of course I have no figures to back that up. Just how it felt to me. I then fitted the system and had the lot remapped as I'd always intended.

Sorry if that's not what you wanted to hear.

Reactions: seeka
Would not go with a Toyo, mine has just blown an hole somewhere just before the flex on the drop section, sick of the car now, costing to much on stupid simple things....

Would not go with a Toyo, mine has just blown an hole somewhere just before the flex on the drop section, sick of the car now, costing to much on stupid simple things....

100% a Toyo.....?

1./ Because apart from the slight fitment / subframe knocking issue i've seen no reports of bad build quality as such.

2./ There other Toyo 'copies' out there. (Toyo's have a badge on stating "TOYO").

Apart from anything else though. What a friggin pain. Is it somewhere someone could get in and TiG weld the hole closed ?

UPDATE: We replaced both flexi joints. He did a really sweet job on both. Car feels great now and is a lot quieter. On the down side the car is a lot quieter! Decided to go with the repair option because at this point I really don't see myself keeping this car too much longer, as its starting to cost more than its worth. Thanks all for your help. This forum is a god send.

You definitely need deep pockets to own and run one of these cars. Everyone seems to have tales of expensive non stop maintenance(me included). When they are right though, they do hit the spot!

Good to hear you got it sorted, though I imagine at a fair old cost!

They are very expensive cars to own when it comes to maintenance... I've never added up what I've spent on it over the time I've had it - there's no point, it wouldn't achieve anything.

It still costs me less than buying a replacement car that would make me as happy as the Clio does as a performance car.

As just stayed in my "dipstick" post I may of jumped the gun regarding the Toyo manifold, I removed the PCV valve last night and I think this may of dripped some oil on the manifold so when I started the car tonight after fitting new valve there was quite a lot of smoke although it disappeared after the the manifold was hot so i think/hope it was just smoke/fumes off that....

Sorry to scare anyone!

As just stayed in my "dipstick" post I may of jumped the gun regarding the Toyo manifold, I removed the PCV valve last night and I think this may of dripped some oil on the manifold so when I started the car tonight after fitting new valve there was quite a lot of smoke although it disappeared after the the manifold was hot so i think/hope it was just smoke/fumes off that....

Sorry to scare anyone!

Heart-rate is dropping ok now.

Thanks for your concern :smile: