Exhaust Decat!

Hi all. I am wondering if i would remove the cat from the exhaust would the engine check light go on ?

Another thing is, would it be much louder on standard exhaust decated ?

And would i gain anything just with decatting, panel filter and remap ??

THANKS!

Mine hasnt , A few have but lights gone off after a few miles , With a map and filter and decat you could be looking a good 12bhp +

the light won't come on mate as the car has a pre-cat in the manifold,it will be louder but it will also sound amazing,pops and crack sounds with no cat,as for the power,i have a full ktec exhaust + decat,itg maxogen and remap and managed to get 205bhp,totally different car after the map

the light won't come on mate as the car has a pre-cat in the manifold,it will be louder but it will also sound amazing,pops and crack sounds with no cat,as for the power,i have a full ktec exhaust + decat,itg maxogen and remap and managed to get 205bhp,totally different car after the map

you basically saying only remove the one cat after the mani? (pre cat in mani)?

what if he ought to remove both cats? would the engine light perhaps come on then?

remove both if u like but it wont be cheap and the light will defo come on,plus the common flat spot will be even more noticeable without a good remap,plus yr car will fail its MOT on emissions with both cats out unless you've got a good friend if u no what i mean

I have both cats removed and the initial lambda sensor is set outside the exhaust in fresh air, this eliminates the emissions light coming whilst still taking an accurate reading from the secondary lambda sensor post decat two.

Unfortunately the flatspot is massive and I'm yet to find a tuner who can map it out. And it runs like a bag of **** cold, barely ticks over.

remove both if u like but it wont be cheap and the light will defo come on,plus the common flat spot will be even more noticeable without a good remap,plus yr car will fail its MOT on emissions with both cats out unless you've got a good friend if u no what i mean

Really doesnt bode to be a good idea does it lol.

we dont have emissions testing in sa, we dont require sport cats as well
i think its best to not touch the cat in the branch and remove the cat after that....