Exhaust centre box removal??

Has anyone on here had their centre box removed and kept the standard exhaust??

Not looking likely to afford a ktec for quite a while so thought Id go with the cheaper option.

Just wanna gain some views of the end result really.

yes i think a couple have done it and there is a youtube video of it as well :foxspeed:

i have heard a stanadard 197 exhaust de catted and it offended my ears.

be best of saving for a decent exhaust

Dont suppose you have the link on youtube do you? Cant seem to find any.

As for decat, didnt want to go down that route due to the mpg and flatspot problems.

As for getting a decent exhaust, funds won't allow for quite a while, ive just bought some slash cut trims so would just like a little more noise to match them. The reason I ask about centre box is I can get it done at my mates garage for about £30 so would be a cheap alternative for the time being.

On the othe hand, don't want to do it if it makes the car sound awful instead of sporty.

£30!!!!!

I bought a length of stainless tube for about £3, cut the silencer out and welded the pipe in.

I gave Ricky p a fiver for helping me get the centre pipe off and back on again.

It's a cheap and easy job to do tbh.

I didn't think 30 sounded to bad by the time he's had it up on the ramp and used his materials. I'd guess it'd take him at least half hour.

I have spoke to a few people on cliosport and nearly all said it makes the (very small) flatspot more noticebale.

Quite a large thread i started on it.

buy Ktec it is awesome mate. ive read ure post and understand u cant afford it at minute but deffo the exhaust to go for when u do buy 1.

Been readin about that the Ktec one is a poor fit and the miltek is poor quality? It all rides on when our hours go back up at work, could be tomorrow, could be never :worried:

im one of the guys on here with the center box removed

had it out for 2 years now lol, cost me 10 quid to sleeve it and a a few quid for the clamps

yes you get a flatspot but you learn to drive around it

noise wise ask glassjaw,arranshukker or any of the guys who were on the welsh blast in oct, they all thought i had a group n exhaust lol

theres a few vid on youtube too, think i posted a link on cliosport as someone was askin on there

Thanks for the vids, really not sure now. Might be a bit too loud, i like the noise when youre giving it but when you let off im not too sure.

Dotty, Dave c?? Must be a name thing that we both want the same :tongueout:

lol yeah im dave c too lol

think the vid makes it seem a bit louder than it is on over run

it certainly turns heads but sounds fairky normal on tickover and granny driving lol