Exh manifold change - south east?

I'm trying to find somewhere that will do my manifold change on the 197, I'm just not in a position to be taking this on myself at present, and my usual two suspects I'd ask to do it have both said its a job they would rather not take on.

ive approached a company I trust and he is looking in to it, but who have you guys used and how much have you been charged to have this task carried out?

ideally south east, Surrey/Sussex/Kent and maybe Essex.

Cheers :smile:

Not a cheap job to do Kelv a mate got his done and sub frame off,around 5 hour labour at £55 a hour thats in the Northeast though.

My local friendly mechanic stripped and replaced my whole exhaust system (engine back) for £192 labour cost. He did say the manifold was a right pig to do mind you!

Smoggy, ouch... I only want it done so I can sell the car :worried:[/QUOTE]

Yeah pricey!!! that is a good deal what austin197 paid have a trip to Norfolk haha!:wink:

My mechanic here in Newmarket did it for about £250 mates rates...but then again this included the flexi repairs, sump leak fix, track rod ends, new engine mounts and it being sat in his garage for 5 weeks while we waited on parts!

The job wasn't actually that tough, seized bolts was the main issue...probably would've taken 4 hours total just for the manifold replacement.

I can see if he's interested in doing it again if you're prepared to travel 1.5 hours. Not sure how much of a deal I can wangle but it certainly won't be extortionate!

A mate just changed mine on my drive - he is a massive Renaultsport fan (he has an R26 and previously a 182) and did it for £230. Long days work though!!