Ex-197 owner seeks 172/182.

Been a while since I had an RS on the drive, so looking at potentially getting a 172 or 182. However I have a few questions, which I hope are not the normal q's that are asked ALL THE TIME.. :wink:

1 - I understnd the Xenons found on non-cup (i.e most) models can fail fairly often, and expensive to replace/repair. Can the headlights easily be swapped out for non-xenons.?

2 - Can you fit a large Labrador in the boot (for short journeys) :smile:

Cheers

I'm pretty certain the headlights can be changed over, the fixing points and shape is identical, and I recall buying a base model set if lights for my track car and the plugs were the same (but I then used them as donors to make headlight blanks)

dogs wise, we have two border collies and the misses has had them both in the boot of her old 182 Cup, short journeys only tho, maybe a mile or two at most to the vets/park etc.

No problem.
for a short journey the dogs were fine, sat up staring out of the window in excitement for where they were going.
if it were ever a long journey they would go in the 4x4 so they had a big boot area to lay out in and be comfy.

Yup, got an Audi oil burner for most dog related duties. Would like a Trophy, but doubt my budget will be big enough. Also the maintenance of the shock would concern me.

Hmm, Trophy's seem to be about twice the price of a decent 182. Not sure it's worth the extra TBH (as much as I love those seats!)

Similar Thread Suggestions