Evo 12s

evo 12

i have these tyres on all corners on my 197 and would defo get them again:thumbsup: on ebay for £75 bud not done a track day with them tho.

i have a pair of these on just now, decent in wet and dry weather. i wouldnt say they are the best for track days, they dont have much turn in due to sidewall flex and when they get hot i find the go 'off' quite quick. if you are planning on doing alot of trackdays i would say spend a little more and go for the federal 595's or yoko ad08's but for everyday/spirited driving the hankooks are perfect.

I have these all round. I think they're okay, I'm not amazed with the wet grip though. I think I'll get F1 asymmetric next time.

As above really, just about worn through my set on the fronts. Didn't do wet track day in them but a couple of dry ones inc a VERY hot day at Mallory. I was chuffed with them for the price. You only need to look at the how fast track times to show they don't have a negative affect on times (my times sat me above and below people running Conti SC2's).

I did take some lumps out of mine on the kirbs but I suppose contis would have been the same (big tread blocks are going to chip off)

As above really, just about worn through my set on the fronts. Didn't do wet track day in them but a couple of dry ones inc a VERY hot day at Mallory. I was chuffed with them for the price. You only need to look at the how fast track times to show they don't have a negative affect on times (my times sat me above and below people running Conti SC2's).

I did take some lumps out of mine on the kirbs but I suppose contis would have been the same (big tread blocks are going to chip off)

Exactly this... Funnily enough when we were queuing to go on the track for our sighting lap I was chatting to one of the MSV guys, he asked about how good the Federals are then pointed to one of the Continentals on another car and said "he'll struggle with those"

I'd go with either the 595's or the AD08's. Both are slightly more expensive than the V12's but performance wise they are in different league.

I've used the 595's over this winter period and to be fair they have stood up really well to the conditions.

Sh!tty time of year to be switching to a track based tyre though. Mr.F is right though they're head an shoulders above the others on track (judging by opinions/track times) If your willing to take the chance there won't be 6" of snow this week.

I've used hankooks on wet & dry track days and thought they where great to be honest considering they are a good 50 - 60 cheaper than contis or decent track tyres. As said though, federals, yokos and especially r888s are in a different league on track.