esp light

not sure were to post this but today iv had an esp fault light come on iv done a search & cant find anything, anybody had this before anything i should be looking for. any help would be appreciated.
cheers iain

Is it the triangle light that's on or is there a warning on the little screen?

Had this come up on the little screen once just after going on a dyno' not long after I got the car.

I think what caused it then was the front wheels doing about 100MPH and the rears being stationary, which might have made the ESP brain have a bit of a fart and a panic. A five minute pootle down the road and then turned the car off for a few minutes... Turned her back on et voila, no more warning. If there's no warning on the little screen reading something like ''ESP FAULT'' or ''ABS FAULT'' and just the triangle light is on on the clock then try pressing the ESP button (right of the wheel on the dash), it illuminates when the ESP is set to ''Off'' and you may have just pressed it without realising...

Failing that, it could be something like an ABS or speed sensor on one of the wheels having a bit of a 'mare?

Last edited:
had three symbols on the triangle,check esp on the screen and the spanner light was on to.
They have all gone of now anyone no which sensors i should be checking or is a trip to reno for them to check.
cheers iain

had three symbols on the triangle,check esp on the screen and the spanner light was on to.
They have all gone of now anyone no which sensors i should be checking or is a trip to reno for them to check.
cheers iain

I'm not sure mate mines had the spanner ESP failure and then some injector thing came up I took it to Renault and the just said it had been a faulty sensor and replaced it

I'm not sure mate mines had the spanner ESP failure and then some injector thing came up I took it to Renault and the just said it had been a faulty sensor and replaced it

cheers mate will wait and see if it comes back on and take it to the to sort