Erratic idling speed?

Hi....

I have a 2007 RS197 with 25,000 miles on the clock and all seems to be going very well. I use V-Power and the average mpg is excellent (currently 32.7 mpg) with mainly fast A-road driving. :smiley:

Over thge past few weeks I have noticed that the idling speed is occasionally very erratic and the engine seems to 'surge' as it idles. It has never cut out or stalled and - as I said above - all seems well otherwise.

Does this mean a trip to the dealer for an 'out of warranty' check over or is just another of the Renault characteristics that I can safely ignore? :001_rolleyes:

Thanks for your assistance.....

Hi DrDx, actually my clio also has this problem when idling but more noticebly from cold. I also only use V-power.

So I would also like to know whether this is a problem.

I found that the hose clips on the corrugated air intake pipe were quite loose and tightening these up seems to have helped...I'll report back in a day or so as to whether it has cured the problem!

Cleaning the throttle body sounds like a tricky job that I'd have to leave to an expert but I have been using Redex injector cleaner for the past few months...