Engine Torque mount, possible new design

Anyway I have been busy in the shed again and I have created this monstrosity. Not fitted it yet, but I have used a slightly softer bush than what is on offer at present and the link are is a bit more beefier than the other mount that is available. Once it get a bit dryer, I'll get it bolted on for testing. There is another shore hardness up, but hopefully it will not be needed. These are a great modification, as instead of the engine trying to get out of the engine bay under load, you are transmitting the power down into the Tarmac, giving better traction. If successful I will probably look at making a few, but they will be quite expensive as the bushes alone are expensive.

Thoughts, comments all welcome.

y7amanag.jpg

zuby6azy.jpg

renaqu9u.jpg

ga9a3edy.jpg

6ugunusa.jpg

na4etemy.jpg

Interested as currently thinking about getting the Vibra/Ktec version. What bushing material is it and what sort of price?

Cheers

Same idea as the ktec one. I just fitted the ktec one. a good bit of vibration when idle but seems to be doing its job. gear changes are alot better also

Interested as currently thinking about getting the Vibra/Ktec version. What bushing material is it and what sort of price?

Cheers

It has proper polyurethane bushes in around 80 shore. We are using a slightly softer bush but a more substantial mount. Will be about £120 delivered. Bushes alone are £60 then the solid alloy billet and a few hours with a file.