Engine light on Check Emissions

service interval for plugs is 36000mile only.....

changed mine at less than 30k and they were fine!

It has been going on a lot of short journeys lately, could this have contributed to the plugs/any other damage?

It has been going on a lot of short journeys lately, could this have contributed to the plugs/any other damage?

they shouldnt be faulty even with short trips!

the things that dont always do plugs any good are oil consumption and fuel additives that can foul the electrodes - the 197 plugs are tri-earth tip plugs so are less prone to mis-fire issues

if you do remove the plugs they should all look the same on the elctrodes - so take them out in order - to identify the faulty cylinder if it is down to just one

Last edited:
I had this 2 years ago and it was mod firing on cylinders 1 and 4, changed coil packs, still happened then Renault sent off my map and found a fuel injector issue, re installed a new map and no problems

Got it on a basic diagnostics and it said it was something to do with the oxygen.

Rang Harrats Wakefield and its booked in for Friday, Adam said it sounds like the Oxygen Sensor isn't working but didn't know how much it would cost... $.$