Engine Error :)

I experienced an engine computer error, which transformmed my car into a beast.

Got in my car after work Sunday, 19:30, after it had been raining all day, travelled about 200 yards, giving it some beans, The injector warnining message apperared, and then the ESP light turnned on and remainned on, and i got a further message error message stating ESP is deactivated or something, even though it was switched on.

So i presumed the car would have gone into limp mode, BUT no, it was tremendously more powerful, it was like a completely different car, like 300bhp the throttle was instantly responsive all the time in every gear, felt like twice the power, i wish my car was like that all the time, maybe one or all of the injectors were stuck open and there was more petrol flowing into the engine but something was making my car perform so so so dramatically better, it was truely unbelievable.
The whole front of the car felt lighter.

If i had a local renault garage open i would have take it there with the engine left on ask askt hem to drive it then ask them to make my engine like it all the time.

This wasn't just the same as deactivating the esp, this was something completely different !! to my dissapointment it had fixed itself this morning :worried: and now the car is back like a slug.

The injectos can't be stuck open if the car was more powerful. The AFR is already rich with all Renaults so if it would be any richer the car would loose power. If the car was more responsive / more powerful I'd expect the opposite. Less fuel ie better AFR ie better responsiveness and performances.

"The injector warnining message apperared" - you mean this?

nope, the message in the display window "check injector" or something, the only other thing on the dah that lit up was the esp light came on and was stuck on, and some esp warning message was displayed in the message window. anyway it was great.

Are you completley sure that there isnt a problem and thats the way it should be all the time and your losing power at the moment??

Well i have had the check injector warning about 6 times or more since i owned the car, and it allways happens shortly after i start the car and give it full beans, but it has allways gone into limp mode, not made the car faster. Renault have changed the throttlebody before sayign that was a fault, other times the check injector fault was not stored in the computer.

Well i have had the check injector warning about 6 times or more since i owned the car, and it allways happens shortly after i start the car and give it full beans, but it has allways gone into limp mode, not made the car faster. Renault have changed the throttlebody before sayign that was a fault, other times the check injector fault was not stored in the computer.

Hopefully not when the engine is cold :scared:

As for the "problem"....it really is wierd. Are you sure that your car runs properly (because you said it was like a slug the next morning)?

To be honest mate you shouldnt be giving the car full beans before its warmed up as it will just go wrong. Think its because when you give it fll beans it sound quite a raw power, probably makes it feel a littlw quickr.

Hopefully not when the engine is cold :scared:

As for the "problem"....it really is wierd. Are you sure that your car runs properly (because you said it was like a slug the next morning)?

i did think about asking this question, but then i thot surely no-one would be silly enuff the thrash* there car from cold start, :confused1:thats bad news if they do. poor car..

Today i experienced the same issue, also i noticed, the engine revs higher when changing gear the revs jump up a bit. definately more power.

Attachments

• 26112009216.jpg
    26112009216.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 27
  • 26112009217.jpg
    26112009217.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 22
I had the same messages come up not to long ago, it came up just after i went through a flood i assumed it was just water got into the engine as the next day they both went off.