Engine Dynamics 197/200 Upcoming Turbo Convertion Kits

I think for the 3-3.5k I think it is standard internals @foxspeed

i think anyway.. I'm assuming with the low boost and hp, to be safe

I'd imagine the price would hike up if it involved pulling the lump out and rebuild with forged parts and refit etc

I will see if i can pop in there unit tomorrow and get more details of what there planning to have involved in this kit

Very similar value to the meg, one returns "Around 240" and the other can see a steady 300 with potential for me, I know which I'd go for. [MENTION=50319]Stephenvenning[/MENTION] has the right idea, save some serious cost there too. Are you taking engine and car in for straight swap when you're ready?

I was running 18PSI on a 1.1 TCE which to be fair (it was near death after 2k miles), the torque of it was not far off what the Clio 200 was and I really miss a turbo. I would certainly be interested in this kit. I don't think these cars would be that good with 300BHP and I certainly think that a low pressure turbo would be a much better addition for track use or even a super charger. 240-250BHP would be more than enough for decent track use as long as it compliments the cars handling without a stupid torque spike.

I was running 18PSI on a 1.1 TCE which to be fair (it was near death after 2k miles), the torque of it was not far off what the Clio 200 was and I really miss a turbo. I would certainly be interested in this kit. I don't think these cars would be that good with 300BHP and I certainly think that a low pressure turbo would be a much better addition for track use or even a super charger. 240-250BHP would be more than enough for decent track use as long as it compliments the cars handling without a stupid torque spike.

The clio chassis can handle more than 300bhp and 300lb torque. It laps it up on track. there is no torque steer when flooring it and it feels like the chassis was actually made to have much more power than it comes out the factory with

Sorry for the holy thread revival but thought it was better posting in here than making a new thread. For those who don't know, Engine Dynamics are accepting pre-orders for their turbo conversion for the 197/200 on standard internals. It looks like a great conversion from the dyno graph with 250 bhp and a great torque curve. At £4250 fitted it's quite expensive imo as i'm sure you could just get a meg conversion and remap the standard engine for that much. But this kit keeps the n/a nature of the Clio which I love. Just wondering what others on here think of it.

M3s are boring imo apart from the E92, but i'd have to sell my kidneys to buy one at 20 :smiley:

IMO It's too expensive considering the cost of the Megane conversion. Also how long have they tested it on standard internals? I'd be more inclined to save the extra money and give it to ClioTurbo for forging and boosting, their first setup offers 30bhp more at the same cost too.
http://www.clioturbo.co.uk/upgrades.html

I'm still really disappointed that there isn't a supercharge option more readily available, even running 230-240 I'd rather go that route.

I'm still really disappointed that there isn't a supercharge option more readily available, even running 230-240 I'd rather go that route.

I think Jamsport did one, but searching for them on google the word 'cowboys' seemed to appear rather a lot...

Wouldn't be too hard to cobble together a supercharger kit, I thought about trying to 'charge my megane engine but in the end I don't have the time nor the patience.

Similar Thread Suggestions