Emissions light

Yesterday I got my new cat back on to my 197 and after half an hour of driving the light came on and screen said check emissions. Friend reset it with his obd2 reader last night haven't driven it since to see if it will come back on.

Now we plugged the lambda sensor in and everything so just wondered if this cause was of the Ecu noticing a different exhaust?

Aaron

If it's a cat-back it shouldn't have made any difference to the emissions!?!

Just double check the Lambda's are both in tightly.

"plugged back in" think this answers your question really....if it was unplugged then it would have put the light on...

I will double check the lambda is tight.

Sorry might not have made this clear it was all plugged in before I drove it if that's what you meant

I will double check the lambda is tight.

Sorry might not have made this clear it was all plugged in before I drove it if that's what you meant

ah I get you!

the lambda has to make a good contact/ground with the exhaust so it can actually work...also check that none of the small electrical pins
have pushed back out of the connector

this is the exact problem i have faced for 3 months now, emissions light and check emissions message is constantly on and ive had a exhaust refit and new sensors fitted but nope still no joy, centre silencer is getting removed next month so getting exhaust place to refit exhaust and make sure the garage fitted all sensors correctly etc

also don't forget it might actually be pointing to an issue with the engine....ie its not meeting the emission requirements on certain parameters

Well mine appears to be all fine now, done 60 miles since the light reset and it hasn't come back on :smile:

The plug just needed fiddled about with a bit. Thanks for help :smile: