Emissions Light & exploded CV boot

Hi All

Sorry for opening another "Check emissions light" thread and my apologies if I post it in the wrong thread, but I am newbie and not sure where to post. I drive a Clio 3 2012 yahoo model, but in EU terms it is actually just the Clio 3 2011/2012 facelift phase 2 model 1.6.

My question
My Check Emissions Light came on today as I traveled back home. I did about 100km with the light on and once I got home I looked through couple of threads on here to check if it was any of the problems, but all was hopefully okay. I then noticed that my outer CV boot exploded all grease over rims and brake, could the light come on for the CV boot that exploded?

Reason why I am confused is as I removed my catalytic conv a month ago and start of the year did a reasonable service, but did not replace the timing belt.

Thank you

I think you've answered your own question, you've removed the catalytic converter and the check emissions light will be registering the change. It might not have happened immediately but something has triggered it. The check emissions light will have nothing to do with the CV joint.

Reactions: Foxspeed
I think you've answered your own question, you've removed the catalytic converter and the check emissions light will be registering the change. It might not have happened immediately but something has triggered it. The check emissions light will have nothing to do with the CV joint.

Thank you