Electrical non-starting issue - few weird things

Sean.R

Paid Member
Hi all,

I have recently go a project car - this is a non-runner and a bit of a gamble, it has some issues, and I will try and explain the best I can - I would like to try and fix this issue before calling out an auto spark.

The car 2010 CUP - forged F4r running a Meg 225 wiring loom spliced to Clio loom & meg ECU

The car has not been on the road from about 4 years - it apparently started to have an issue where it would not crank this fault was intermittent and would clear (whatever it was) and the car would crank and start, however eventually it got that bad it would not start - so it got flung in a unit as sat until I got it. (save another Clio from the scrap heap)

symptoms
everything electrical in the car works - stereo, fans, wipers & steering lock
no warnings in the dash expect from the EDC fault and airbag (seats out)
red dot light on the dash blinking when first open the door
the fuel pump is not priming
car wont crank over
unable to read the fault codes - the OBD reader is connected to get power but unable to make a connection with the ECU (it is a cheap one but this connected to my other Clio with no issues)

Go to start
turn the key to stage 2 - fuel pump wont prime & the red dot light goes solid and will not go out
turn the key to stage 3 ignition - nothing happens

what I have done so far
New 12v battery
new batteries in the keys (2 different style keys)
jump lead from the gearbox to earth
starter motor removed and checked working ok
replaced key transponder around ignition barrel
cleaned out the UCH connections (some furring)
checked various red wires in the engine bay to prove 12v

Previous owner also sent the ECU & BCM away to be checked over - all ok

I think that is everything I have done so far, so looking for some further advice or has anyone seen something like this? I am thinking a possible imob issue linked to the ECU
any help / guidance is much apricated before I pull this loom and start fresh (will probably end up going down this route once I know the car can start)

cheers

sean