No electrical power

LiamP

Paid Member
Evening,

In the process of v6 box / battery relocation and have just completed the battery part so thought I would check things still worked, well they don’t.

I get a voltage across all the fuses I have added, the engine/gearbox and any other earths I can see but I get no apparent power to the car itself. One thing to add is that there is no voltage across F1 on this diagram but the fuse looks ok, could this be related?

6ECDBF53-C3B4-49CD-93C6-7647536F1DB5.png

Any ideas on what could cause this?

Attachments

• BE9E532B-98E3-428D-9798-170D691C4323.jpg
    BE9E532B-98E3-428D-9798-170D691C4323.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 7
If there’s only one thing not getting power, you must of disturbed those wires.

My initial thought was a poor earth. But that would obviously usually mean nothing works

Reactions: LiamP
@EthanMenace did all of the electrical work on my car when the V6 airbox was put in. Are you sure you have not got a wire somewhere that you have not connected?

The fusebox that sat on the side of the battery compartment was moved to the back of our engine bay but I remember there being a live wire that was attached to those fuse box that when disconnected hovered around the area of the fan/radiator. Have you definitely attached this one?

Reactions: LiamP
Yep you were both right, during my man handling of the junction box I had pulled the wire out of F2 I had obviously done a neat job of taping it up so couldn't see... (I only checked because I accidentally lent on the horn and it worked and up until that point I assumed I had a short)

That is 5hrs wasted.