eBay Ferodo Pads - Any Good??

Lol ferodo make good pads ive heard down the grapvine so im guessing theyl be half decent

Don't they need higher temperatures to make them work properly?

Depends on the compound, as Ferodo will do quite a few different ones depending on application. These also fitting the heavier Megane is a plus, but if they are only a road compound i'm not sure they will hold up under track conditions?

I've just bought the ones from that auction, so when i get them i'll let you know how good they are...

Didn't even know there was such a thing as a non road legal pad, any idea why?

If I was to guess, the pads wouldn't heat up anywhere near as much from road use as they would from track and the pads may be useless unless they are hot. So it would just be dangerous to use them on the normal roads.

Just a guess :smile: Ill have a little look online now

I think DS2500 are meant to be as good as standard even when cold, they're just not e-marked which is needed to be road legal.

I think the pads linked above are just standard pads, probably very similar to the pads from the factory which were brembo pads

I think DS2500 are meant to be as good as standard even when cold, they're just not e-marked which is needed to be road legal.

I think the pads linked above are just standard pads, probably very similar to the pads from the factory which were brembo pads

My pads are what came with the car and are marked ferodo :s

Maybe its different with the 200 then, as far as I know my 197 had original pads when I got it and they were Brembo on the front and Ferodo on the rear

Maybe its different with the 200 then, as far as I know my 197 had original pads when I got it and they were Brembo on the front and Ferodo on the rear

The pads are Brembo but they are made by Ferodo (ive been reading quite a bit about them while looking for some)

2500's are illegal??

How can pads be illegal, unless they have asbestos in them. I'm running them on our 182 and I flipping love them.

Got the pads in the post today, and got Brembo discs to go on too, so will get them fitted and bedded, then post up how they are.

btw, it's my bday today, i'm 20, and i'm starting to feel old haha

Couldnt get the brake pins out :worried: seized in there so looks like im gonna have to buy some new ones

Sorry to hear that :worried:

I need to strip my calipers down as I havent since I bought the car, hopefully without the same problems :worried: