early christmas present

i think the h&r's most people have are -40mm and the eibach are 25mm

i think there are new h&r springs though which are not as hard and drop around 30-35mm

yea think the ones my mises got are -30 they also make -35?
where do you find this stuff out mate? i can never find decent info on products

im sure i read on here somewhere the H&R's lower about 40mm but there was a newer less extreme version too.

they do look a fair bit lower than the eibachs 25mm drop so would be surprised if they were only a 30mm drop

i have had my 197 for about 6 weeks now and done about 1000 miles.

my honest opinion is i am glad i did the suspension change so far. it looks miles better, it rides better and seems more direct in the corners and the back end seems more planted. not as much lift off oversteer though but i think thats because its lower so less weight transfer.

it also seems to react better to series of bumps. the standard FF set up seemed to get upset by a quick succession of bumps one after the other as if the damping couldnt keep up with the spring.

how much of this is purely down to replacing 34000 mile old suspension for new stuff though i cant say.

i cant give a proper review yet as the weather has been crap since i did the suspension but from what i have experienced so far it is better. ive also got to get the wheel alignment set up as im pretty sure that will be out but i need to fit the new tie rods and track rod ends first though

ken, did you upgrade the anti roll bars as well? They are stiffer on the cup .....

Needless to say, the new suspension will certainly add to the beauty of his car. I am of the view that he has received a fair deal here. Two days back I had inquired about the price of eibach springs and was told that the cost will be around £190. But here he has got them for £180.

Last edited:
i paid £135 for my eibachs from revolution in gateshead. they forgot to update the website so had to sell them at the old price