early christmas present

got my new suspension through the post today. got the cup shocks new from renault. £198 for all 4 including postage whaich was a great deal i think

also got the eibach springs for £145 as the place i had them had not updated the price which should be around £180 now so saved a fair amount altogether

going to fit it maybe this week or next if we get a dry day!

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_0071.jpg
    IMG_0071.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 66
Really good mate - it will feel like a different car!

The Eibachs are 20mm lower than standard suspension (not cup)

very nice indeed :thumbsup:

perhaps a "how to" would be good as well if you could manage it :jase2:

Nice presents, I wouldn't mind some of those myself.

Last edited:
197 or 200 cup shocks ?

Eibach's seem to be a nice drop with a better stance over standard and keeping the car practical with speedbumps etc.

ditto im thinking of sneaking a set of eibachs on my 200 even the cup sits too high for my liking

get some pics when your fitting them too

i went for the 197 cup shocks. i think the 200 cup is slightly stiffer again. apparently the eibach springs are very similar to the cup spring rate so should be well matched. i like the look of the h&r but heard they are not very well suited to the cup pack. i think the 20mm drop should make it look better though and like mark said keep a little bit practicality. i bought this car for blast around B roads so didnt want it too low.

i got these from genuineparts4u and was surprised at how cheap they were. the next best price was £240 from AMC renault which again i thought was really cheap too.

i will take some photos and do a how to guide. weather is shocking now so will have to wait for a dry day! might take a while though :001_unsure:....

I also have a cup and was wondering whether to go down the Eibach or H&R route, I would get coilovers but don't use the car enough to justify the price of them.

Why did you need to buy new shocks also? Sorry if that seems a stupid question

my car is a FF but wanted the cup chassis. there was a few 2nd hand but it meant travelling down the country to get them. it worked out the same price to buy new parts anyway by the time i would have paid postage or travel expense to get them.

when i was looking for a new car i wanted cup chassis and recaros then this one came up and it was the colour and spec i wanted except for the cup suspension so decided to buy the car and retro fit the suspension.

Get some pics up with the springs fitted. I have a Cup, dont want the H&R's as they are apparently too crashy. Eibach make good springs

Funny enough just bought some H&R of fellow forum member. There are so many varibles and views about parts or mods its untrue. Many people told me don't go near a french car. Then never buy a damaged car. Then don't fit the cup spoiler. Then Milteks fall apart and now H&R's are crashy. All I can say is if anyone wants to tell me why I shouldn't buy speedlines and sell them to me, I'll do them a favour and take them off them....lol

Funny enough just bought some H&R of fellow forum member. There are so many varibles and views about parts or mods its untrue. Many people told me don't go near a french car. Then never buy a damaged car. Then don't fit the cup spoiler. Then Milteks fall apart and now H&R's are crashy. All I can say is if anyone wants to tell me why I shouldn't buy speedlines and sell them to me, I'll do them a favour and take them off them....lol

H&R's and Speedlines.... that WILL look sweet.

For me i can't go that low so i'm getting the Eibach springs but keeping the FF shocks.
Don't worry too much about peoples views, you can have your own and they are the only important ones when it comes to YOUR car mate.

Looking forward to seeing some photos on the Eibachs and too.

H&R coilovers are perfect, the springs though lower too much for standard shocks. They will make it crashy. The Eibach's wont as they dont lower as much. I've yet to drive a car fitted with Pro's that doesnt ride as good as standard

H&R coilovers are perfect, the springs though lower too much for standard shocks. They will make it crashy. The Eibach's wont as they dont lower as much. I've yet to drive a car fitted with Pro's that doesnt ride as good as standard

I guess each to their own. Eibachs are a great spring and I had them on my supercharged 330 but always felt they weren't low enough and not enough difference to standard to be honest so stuck coilovers on.
H&R's are a harder spring and certainly harsher but looks great, handles great and about as much as I want from a focused clio. If I want ride quality and comfort, will drive the wifes 3 series.....

loads of people have the h&rs so there is a wider opinion. iv got h&rs not fited yet but dont want to ruin the main reason i baught the r27 so threads like this make me think twice about getin them fited as i dont wand klunks bangs etc like my old 182

That's the reason I went forthe eibach springs. They male the car look better without making it look modified and as far as I can tell have improved the handling and the ride is as good if nOt better than the standard FF set up