DTRL's in blade

Had a check and couldn't find anything.
Do you reckon you could retrofit the DTRL's from a meg 250/265/275 into the Clio's front blade. It would have to look 100% OEM though. Any ideas? I don't want to put one of them cheap aftermarket kits that look dodgy on though.

i hate them on my 200T

propper chav fest

id turn them off if i could

Pretty sure you can turn them off? I like them but pretty sure on the meg in the settings it has an option to disable so would assume the 200T has the same?

It not on the centre consol but on the menu/setting part by the rev counter.

It's EU law to have them fitted on all cars designed from 2012 so there is no option to turn them off. Also an MOT failure if they don't work and before anyone comes in with the standard Clio's DRLs switch off that's because their side lights are wired up, as well as being part of the design, where as the 200T DRL's dim and substitute the side lights (which aren't wired up in the headlight cluster)

It's EU law to have them fitted on all cars designed from 2012 so there is no option to turn them off. Also an MOT failure if they don't work and before anyone comes in with the standard Clio's DRLs switch off that's because their side lights are wired up, as well as being part of the design, where as the 200T DRL's dim and substitute the side lights (which aren't wired up in the headlight cluster)

I know a guy in London who is fitting them to my 250.. he is retrofitting them for me and manages to get them mega cheap from a guy he knows he work from Renault. You're looking in the region of £400.

It's an easier job with the 250 though as the end of the blade has x2 ends which clip out. He made a 250 replica and fitted them to that.

Its possible to use 250/65 DRL's, the drls are circa 450 and the ballast is circa 200 with looms around a ton.

However you can build a custom wiring harness with a relay, capacitor, diode and a time delay fuse to smooth out the pulse width modulation DRL circuit.

you then build a led driver circuit to each drl and wire them up to the above.

i've not measured the drl's (i can if you wish) but i think they will be too long to fit into the side bits of the blade tbh

The Clio blade is a lot thinner than the meggy so they won't really fit and look good. The only real way I can see doing it is to use a Chinese DRL unit and cut the Clio blade and fit aka factory fit or individual LEDs fitted in the end of the blade, but I think they have to dim when the headlights come on. It can be done but you will need a lot of DIY skills to get it factory looking. Good luck and share your finished item.

Similar Thread Suggestions