Driving roads in South east England

The coastal run that a few of the guys done took them down to the South coast and they said they were great. Really can't recommend anywhere as I find the are either speed restricted or look like a team of howitzers have used them for target practice!

The coastal run that a few of the guys done took them down to the South coast and they said they were great. Really can't recommend anywhere as I find the are either speed restricted or look like a team of howitzers have used them for target practice!

Would you happen to have a link to this meet?

this is one of my fav sunday morning blast routes. It's a .ITN file which you can dump straight in to your TomTom's ITN folder if it supports itinerary planning. Otherwise you can load it up in a great little FREE prog i use called TyreToTravel (link below) where you can create routes using a googlemaps style interface and export them straight into your fav sat nav device.

The app: http://www.tyretotravel.com/
The route: https://www.dropbox.com/s/zfgazddrgbyur8s/Udimore%20run.itn
Google Maps Link: http://goo.gl/maps/qJ07u

Description: starts off at Ashford MacDonalds on the Eureka Ind Estate on edge of town. The route then takes what I call the bad monkey trifle road on to the A2070 heading towards Hastings. Leave the A2070 for Hamstreet. Once in hamstreet the twistys begin. Take the B2067 from Hamstreet through Woodchurch and on to Tenterden (nice section of road up by Tenterden golf course). Join the A28 at Tenterden and drive through Rolvenden (some good twists again) up to the T junction with the A268. Turn right here and head towards Hawkhurst (not a particularly interesting road but only a couple miles or so long). Once in to Hawkhurst turn left at the lights on to the A229 and head down the hill. Theres a few good corners down here. Not a long stretch of road but quite fun as long as there has been no rain. End of the road turn left on to the A21. Now this is a good section of the A21 heading south towards Hastings. If you hit it early you can have some fun on the smooth surfaced downhill bits which are nice and wide. The Route 1066 Cafe is along this stretch on the right hand side if you fancy it. After the second roundabout on this stretch you take a left onto the B2089 and head towards Cripps Corner. There are some good turns here but the road surface isn't as good as it could be... Keep following this road and go straight over the Broad Oak crossroads and past the primary school. The road gets very good here heading towards Rye some nice corners and a few sections to put your food down. Quite a lot of double white lines here so plan your overtaking carefully. Once in to Rye you need to head through the town and pick up the A259 heading towards Folkestone. You can either follow the A259 through to Brenzett and then back up the single carraigway (A2070) back to Ashford or you could turn right about half a mile outside Rye and head through Camber for some great flat corners and then through Lydd. Either turn left on the A259 to Brenzett and back up to Ashford or you could turn right, head into New Romney then turn left just before the traffic lights and take the back lanes out through Ivychurch (some good fun to be had here) and up to the A2070 and back to Ashford that way.

I try to hit any route in the south east on a Sunday morning about 7:30 - 8:00 or the traffic just gets too much.

Enjoy