Downsizing...

gas money if you save more than 50 pounds a month I'd be surprised... its a smaller car, thats right, a little lighter, right, but it has a smaller engine and less power, I wouldnt be too surprised if it was consuming same amounts of fuel as the 197/200, a friend of mine came out of a C2 VTS into a 182 and told me it uses less fuel than the C2...

before i got the 197, i had 2 twingo gts, they were fun to chuck around, but im not sure i'd have bought one. The 133 will obviously be better, but it would need to be a whole lot better to consider spending my own money on one.

Twingogeek, stop reading now.

Everyone that commented on the cars were women, who all agreed it was "cute". I think its a womans cars. Now my Mrs has one, its orange and gets called Tango.... enough said

i like the idea of the twingo as you'd have more opportunity to drive it on the limit than with a clio

people own r8's lambos etc never pushing them to the limit but with a twingo you know you'd be revving the fricken nuts off it all day long!

Clio:

£400 Finance
£110 Insurance
£100 minimum (Wear/Tear/Servicing/Tax)
£610 PCM

Twingo

£174 PCM All in and a brand new car after three years.

So you can see it's not just a little bit of cash I'll be saving. This is why the temptation is there. The other option is the Colt Ralliart, but it seems to be £100 more expensive PCM (think it's down to the higher insurance rating).

Last edited:
when you write it down like that it looks very expensive. Assuming your rather young and struggle to get insurance? and are in a short HP agreement? And go through tyres like nothing else?

how much is another 200 on your works contract hire?

wow go for it, that certainly is cheap!!

I'd consider one if i had to but I don't think I could have one because of the size, as i go fishing lol.

C02 limit of 185g/km :worried:...If only the new (Potentially lower C02) Clio would hurry and be released :wink:

Last edited:
If you really want to save money, buy an old Golf Tdi with cash and run it into the ground. They rarely go wrong, very cheap to run/insure.

*sigh* I wish the Council would continue to empty my garden waste bins 'for free', rather than suppliment staff car deals. :wink:

Rich

£174 PCM sounds cheap but how can we advise you without knowing the full terms of the deal? If it's over 30000 months and it has a large balloon payment at the end then it's not cheap and won't offer you any savings over the 200.

No baloon payment, you can just terminate contract at the end of the three years. £174 PCM wouldn't even cover Insurance and Depreciation if I bought one outright. So the money is a no brainer it was more of the switch of cars I was wandering about in real terms I will save near on £500 a month...Is the Clio £500 a month more of a car? I'm not too sure to be honest.