Does this car sale website seem dodgey to you?

As most of you know I have the 197 up for sale. I've had quite a bit of interest too, some offers temping and other laughable.

But this morning received a text from a company who want to offer me damn near the asking price and want to collect tomorrow and pay cash!? Can't find much info on them on the net but something seems fishy to me, what do you all think?

http://www.seller-autotrader.com/

They also affiliate themselves with auto trader.com but auto trader is a .co.uk and no legit company says they'd pay in cash and not offer any other form of payment?

I'd say a scam. Their website has PO box number as an address.

Most probably they will come look at your car, ask you to sign a document so they can test drive it which is really a transfer of sale document and you'll never see them again. Its happened loads.

Or they'll just offer you peanuts on viewing it. Either way I'd stay clear tbh

Cheers lads thought it was too easy, I'll leave them alone.

And no I didn't buy the meg it wa nice but missing the recaros, I'm thinking of going new to spec it myself but have to get a good deal off renault to tempt me :wink:

that famous saying "if its too good to be true".....

i always like the pnes that would phone you up and say they have a buyer but you had to pay a fee for them to visit you....had many a time on the phone with them giving them ****e :shout:

I wouldn't say its a scam but there are several things on the site that make me uneasy about it as above. That website would take me an hour tops to knock up.

stay clear imo.

Lol apparently they need a refundable fee to come inspect the car to cover their time should I do a no show. Upon meeting the inspector it's immediately refunded...

Yeah nice effort.