Does the Akrapovic full system pass the MOT emissions test?

technically if its the "de-cat" system then the new mot rules say its a fail....
as the car IS FITTED with one as standard

not only that it has to perform the emissions test and be in the "lambda window" to pass as well

i dont think the "pre-cat" is enough to make the emissions test a pass :001_unsure:

Last edited:
I meant the one they class as "full race system". The one that offers the most gains, and probably the best noise

I meant the one they class as "full race system". The one that offers the most gains, and probably the best noise

The fact they call it ''RACE'' i'd say a deffo NO if its like the one i had on my Motorbike and it is also lacking a BS stamp possibly and has stamped on it ''NOT FOR ROAD USE''

But i would check with stockist first, by the way mine spent 3 years on the bike and passed all MOT's wink wink (slip on cans are so convenient)

:jump1:

Bike011.gif

Last edited:
The Evolution (full) system is road legal. i checked my paperwork last night

maybe it was road legal before they brought out the new MOT regs??

exactly....

read the vosa regs on catalysts etc

going by "the rules" its a fail - but doesnt mean the tester will notice it not there - biggest issue is meeting the emissions test...

if your worried about the MOT emissions test, make sure you bring the car warmed up and ask for the emissions test to be taken first, it usually works :wink:

I was about to say. If it passes the emissions then it will be fine. Which it should do because the cat placed in the manifold is still there.

It depends of country.. in Slovenia the evolution system is not road legal... could be the case also in others EU countries... :wink:

exactly....

read the vosa regs on catalysts etc

going by "the rules" its a fail - but doesnt mean the tester will notice it not there - biggest issue is meeting the emissions test...

Lad at work has an evo fq300 thingy and it takes 6 rags to pass the mot lol

The evolution line is not street legal, but the exhaust part is the same as the slip-on. So the line comes with the EU homologation of the Slip-on!