Dodgy brakes?!

I don't know if anyone will know the answer to this but when I brake hard or even abit firmly my steering wheel shakes/shudders would this be dodgy breaks/steering? I took to a well known garage in my area and they said its nothing to worry about and they are saying the discs & brakes are fine :/ Any help would be greatly appricieted.

if only happens when braking then this is most likely either - pad pick-up on the discs or warped discs

warped - this cannot be "seen" so just looking at brakes and saying they are "fine" is bull poo!!!!

the front discs are also prone to corrosion on the inside and this can cause judder!!

I had exactly the same issues with my 197

(See this thread http://clio197.net/forum/showthread.php?t=22081)

The old discs on the outer surface looked fine, but, upon removal the inner sides (particularly the inner edges) were badly corroded and were bumpy / rusty / generally in a poor state.

New pads / discs and with the calipers cleaned up, ensuring the hub surface was cleaned well, and the backs of the pads / pins etc were all well greased - and no more judder!

So in short, new discs (and pads while you're at it), is the best starting point. Obviously if the judder's still there, start looking at bushes for excessive play, track / tie rod ends etc.