displayed average mpg

There are loads of threads about this somewhere. Just need someone to come along and post up a link. Lol! I get 24 mpg usually!

Usually 22-24.
That's just short trips.
When I drive to Uni I'll get about 27-28.
As soon as I'm back in town it goes back to 24 ish.

Most tanks end with 21-24.
(I reset every time I fill up)

Mines always about 27/28 but about to embark on a 2500 mile trip to and around the alps so will be interesting to see what the average of that trip is, reckon i'll be lucky if its over 20, lol.

26.2 after 2600 miles, consisting of about 20% motorway and 80% 16mile round trips to work which is country lanes and 30s.

The displayed mpg is pure fiction. You need to work it out the old fashioned way to get a true mpg. My display is 8mpg out.

8mpg out which way!? Good or bad!?

I managed 37 going down to Mike's the other week, that was over 250 miles so averaged out quite well IMO! I have calculated it properly and works out at about 36 mpg...

8mpg out which way!? Good or bad!?

I managed 37 going down to Mike's the other week, that was over 250 miles so averaged out quite well IMO! I have calculated it properly and works out at about 36 mpg...

Says I'm getting 25 average. I work out every tank though, consistently 33-34.

My usual routes include streets and a bit of motorway, I get 28mpg on average.
I also think the MPG readout show less MPG than your actually getting as well. Two days ago I put in 20 litres from empty and I travelled 135 miles before it "beeped" at me today indicating low fuel, according to online mpg calculators that's 30.69 MPG yet the readout said I achieved 28.1 MPG. :confused1:.

Just to add I make a conscious effort to drive light footed as well.