Decat pipe question.

Prob best to use the Ktec decat pipe, its the right size and more importantly its got the Lambda sensor hole.

A pipe would be cheaper from the garage but by the time the'ye drilled a hole, welded a bit on and threaded it to insert the sensor you'll be out of pocket.

Prob best to use the Ktec decat pipe, its the right size and more importantly its got the Lambda sensor hole.

A pipe would be cheaper from the garage but by the time the'ye drilled a hole, welded a bit on and threaded it to insert the sensor you'll be out of pocket.

Ahh yeah, good call. I forgot about this man! Thanks.

I wonder how the exhaust will sound with a decat??? It already pops and bangs and gargles when pushed. Shurely it's going to sound like a super car :jase::glare::001_huh::jump1:

It will be louder, if you want proper pops and bangs you need to remove the center silencer :thumbup:

I have, got a decat miltek, when I first took it off it was really raspy but once the new pipe coked up it sounded awesome. Pops and bangs all the time, if you change gear at around 6.5.K it explodes...

Having a Meg engine put in at the moment tho so it will be a lot quieter.. I will miss that.

I wouldn't take the centre silencer out of a decatted ktec system lol.

I this setup is probably loud enough in my eyes (ears)

I have a Mongoose with decat and no centre silencer. I've been extremely fortunate in that at the speed I normally drive on the motorway (84 (kph :wink:)) on cruise control the exhaust is nearly silent, where as at 74 it is louder and more droney. It's noisy the rest of the time which is what I want.

I wouldn't take the centre silencer out of a decatted ktec system lol.

I this setup is probably loud enough in my eyes (ears)

A guy on here done it and he has said it's so loud its unbearable lol

Some people think a K-tec pro with the cat still in place is too noisy though and I've even read of one guy that thinks standard is too noisy!

I don't want it too loud, so it looks as if the cat will stay on? I like it at the moment, it's gawjus to listen to. I just imagined, like we all do....can it be improved?! :smiley:

I have a ktech 200 sports cat for sale. I bought it of here( think Wills had it first), I need the money for new discs now..!! £70 is what I paid..can email pics if interested...!!

I have a ktech 200 sports cat for sale. I bought it of here( think Wills had it first), I need the money for new discs now..!! £70 is what I paid..can email pics if interested...!!

Will this only go onto a ktec 'zorst?

Too loud? Pah, not a chance, sounds awesome!!! :thumbup:

[YOUTUBE]mDtgZKzXnPI[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]tmexpu4sz3Q[/YOUTUBE]

That's the original ''K-Tec'' single backbox (based on the Bastuck Group N) with a straigh leading into it from the Manifold.

Too loud? Pah, not a chance, sounds awesome!!! :thumbup:

[YOUTUBE]mDtgZKzXnPI[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]tmexpu4sz3Q[/YOUTUBE]

That's the original ''K-Tec'' single backbox (based on the Bastuck Group N) with a straigh leading into it from the Manifold.

Oh my good lord. That is sexual. Sounds spot on that mate!!!!!!

So that's without the centre silencer...?

Hahaha yeah it does the job eh!?! :thumbup:

Cost me £17 for 1M of stainless pipe. Possibly the best £17 I've ever spent on a car.

I was going to make a smaller backbox, but after this turning out how it did, I'm not going to bother now!!! :smiley:

It started life as the original K-Tec system, which was made by Magnex and is now made by Mongoose. You can still get the Mongoose branded system now, that's what Deadmau5 is using on his... It's based on the Bastuck Group N system, Magnex just added a centre silencer to it. I was using a K-Tec 200 Cell Sports-Cat too (the one that Stu197 has for sale now), but I removed that and made a complete new centre section. So from the Manifold to just in front of the rear axle is a single piece. That then joins to the pipe for the single backbox, making it a two piece system. So it's back to how Bastuck intended.

Last edited: