De-cat on Standard 197 Exhaust System with Pictures

Below are some of the pictures of the process that was undertaken by Kingswinford Tyres to De-cat the Clio 197 cup.

The CAT was easily removed and a straight through stainless steel pipe was welded in its place. The process took around 15 minutes and was done for the cost of £30 which was a very good price.

The Exhaust now sounds bbbbbbeautiful lol and i enjoy the note it makes. The noise is not at all loud or annoying in anyway its what the car should sound like from the garage to be fair, Renault takes some notes lol.

When i get a chance i will upload some videos.

:liambo:

Last edited:
No as i've left it for this reason.

Common on 197/200. It will exaggerate it circa 2.5k, any one who says not is lying, been in a 197 and 200 with this mod and its there (not as bad in a 200, but still evident)

A remap *might* help, but again wont cure it 100% (well not the last i heard)

...so if you de-cat...or replace the system with a new 'de-cat' system like a KTR....what happens to the emmissons and the MOT?

To be fair Gaz their is a flat spot but Its hardly noticeable at all mate. I drive the car hard it feels more free and less restrictive now the Cats off and it sounds Sweet as. Worthwhile Mod in my opinion.

Slime in regards to passing MOT you would have to put ur CAT back on unless you know a MOT Garage that could pass it for you. I had a full Miltek De-cat system on my 182 Cup and that sounded Awesome loved the roar it gave and the power increase was really noticeable as I had it re mapped and an itg panel filter was added also. I plan on doing the same to this in a few months.

People have had them pass with a decat, just make sure the cat is hot when you take it in.

Hey There :smile:

I had my KTR - Decat pipe put in about 2 months a go now and I love it, yer there a very little flat spot but hardly noticable and when I went down my local cruise recently where I haven't been for a little while everyone was asking how it sounds so good and what I had done... :smile: Well worth it i think!

It should still pass the mot with just the secondry cat out. there is the primary cat just under the manifold.

When milltek did my pipe they did an emissions test and it passed with flying colours. It is after all only a secondary cat, not sure if it would pass if you removed the primary cat from below the manifold tho.

When milltek did my pipe they did an emissions test and it passed with flying colours. It is after all only a secondary cat, not sure if it would pass if you removed the primary cat from below the manifold tho.

cant see there being any way it passing with both removed - the engine does run "clean" but not that clean!!!!