Dash binnacle wiring diagram needed

Gorman

Paid Member
Hi guys,

I'm fitting a shift light/gear indicator and need an RPM pickup, Speedo pickup and switched power and earth.

Has anyone got a diagram of the block connector on the back of the binnacle (where I'll be fitting it)? I'm not brilliant with wiring etc, but I'll manage this if someone was as kind to point me in the right direction.

Thanks.

I'll help ya but the shift light and beep is built into you speedo switched power and earth take from the radio. Would you not think of fitting the factory RS monitor yours is a Clio 200 so should be easier.

1614733204245.png

I'll help ya but the shift light and beep is built into you speedo switched power and earth take from the radio. Would you not think of fitting the factory RS monitor yours is a Clio 200 so should be easier.

View attachment 144437

Had a look at doing this alright, but mines a Clio 197. I'd have to change the radio and everything it seems.

Yea I got mixed up with the
Ultra Red 200 Irish Revival

Well a Clio 200 speedo fitted gives you the gear change light with a beep

Well 2008 instrument panel connector Clio 197 2008 with keyless entry you see everything is can bus so its not a simple 0-12volt pickups the gear is a calculation wheel speed (abs), wheel size and rpm.
1614781361767.png

Yea I got mixed up with the
Ultra Red 200 Irish Revival

Well a Clio 200 speedo fitted gives you the gear change light with a beep

Well 2008 instrument panel connector Clio 197 2008 with keyless entry you see everything is can bus so its not a simple 0-12volt pickups the gear is a calculation wheel speed (abs), wheel size and rpm.
View attachment 144446
Thanks very much for that. It might be a little harder than I thought so it seems. How is the rpm and speed picked up at the panel so?

The only can bus feed says it's power assisted steering which is speed related light at low speed and heavy at higher speeds so must be missed labeled speed info but feeds through steering lock computer
1614783084250.png

If it were me and depends on the level of motorsport your using it for retrofit RS monitor or some sort of diagnostic port iPhone display type of thing personally I would drive it as is remember what gear your in and find some way with a used set of clocks to boost the shift light signal to an external lamp.

1614783909818.png
1614783935415.png

Cup normal key type setup
1614784077824.png

Reactions: Sean197