Daily car needs comfortable suspension

I have a 197 as a daily driver and I live in the country (great choice I know). My car has lowered H&R lowering springs and its rock hard down the country roads and shakes my bones. What is the most comfortable suspension set up for the 197 for a daily only car. Adjustable dampers? Coilovers??

Standard cup suspension is perfect for blasting down country lanes and also being a good compromise being used as a daily. Coilovers even adjustable ones aren’t worth it unless you want to do the odd track day.
Either replace the springs or get the early 200 cup suspension

Would ajustable dampers like konis be more comfortable when turned to the most softest option? Also, would a softer sidewall tyre help??

Problem with having adjustable dampers is getting the right damping with spring rates, or it'll be out of phase.
Softer sidewalls / going to a bigger sidewall (215/45/17 > 225/45/17) would also help a little bit. It's just these cars aren't made to be the softest also lack of weight to help dampen out body oscillation doesn't help.

I thought cup suspension was stiffer? I need softer as the bumps are really harsh.
I found the cup suspension alright.. I used to do 90miles a days. The issue with the H&R is that they’re stiffer make the car sit lower and crashy

I found the opposite Beany, I was doing 75miles and it was too stiff on cup suspension.

Yeah the H&R are some of the worse, they're too stiff and too short, so the dampers are not working in the correct damper travel range, so combined they are terrible.

Reactions: Beany
You need to sack off the h&r.

Eibach or Grams on non cup shocks will give you alot more comfort.

Reactions: suj
Standard 197 suspension isn't as soft/comfortable as it's made out to be, and that's coming from someone who ran H&Rs on a daily, on terrible roads for a few years.

Are coilovers more comfortable then?
They just dampen bumps better. I went from cup shocks & H&R springs to B14'S and the dampening is far far better. But they're still quite stiff for the roads

It's all tolerance levels though, everyone will find it different! I quite happily drive mine around polybushed and on B14'S, all engine mounts done etc and I think it's absolutely fine on the road

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

I'd agree with suj, standard springs = non cup ones, with the non cup shocks is the best option, would also recommend a soft sidewall tires like the uniroyal rainexpert, had yokohama's and these were super stiff by themselves, could easily convince a chap I had changed the springs :smile: original cs3 and cs5 are not very stiff but I guess a less performance tyre would be even softer, so some uniroyal rainexpert, or maybe michelin primacy, the michelin pilot sport 4 are a lot stiffer than the factory installed contis but still quite softer than the yokohama I had used for a very short time.