CV boot

aterro

Paid Member
Considering changing my outer CV boots.

Would you use the stretch type? If so which ones?

I don’t really want to be knocking off the outer CV joint as I don’t have a slide hammer.

Thanks

Well I troubled with this for a while I had a tiny hole in the passenger boot for quite a while and was unable to figure a way to repair your kinda stuck as to change a boot is more difficult than changing a shaft. On top of all that the genuine boot is about £45 and some sell the outer non genuine CV joint and boot between £60 -£70 and I found SNR replacement shafts for £120 left and £135 right so I'm changing the shafts. On top of all that you have the standard problem for finding the correct aftermarket parts of good quality and size because if you check different aftermarket boots like drop links with the genuine part number for reference they show different sizes and you need the tools to work the metal clips to hold the boot on.

I found outside boot
SKF VKJP 1546 boot kit with clips and nut
SNR (NTN) CV joint and Boot kit OJK55.028
SNR (NTN) left shaft DK55.098
SNR (NTN) Right Shaft DK55.103

Well I troubled with this for a while I had a tiny hole in the passenger boot for quite a while and was unable to figure a way to repair your kinda stuck as to change a boot is more difficult than changing a shaft. On top of all that the genuine boot is about £45 and some sell the outer non genuine CV joint and boot between £60 -£70 and I found SNR replacement shafts for £120 left and £135 right so I'm changing the shafts. On top of all that you have the standard problem for finding the correct aftermarket parts of good quality and size because if you check different aftermarket boots like drop links with the genuine part number for reference they show different sizes and you need the tools to work the metal clips to hold the boot on.

I found outside boot
SKF VKJP 1546 boot kit with clips and nut
SNR (NTN) CV joint and Boot kit OJK55.028
SNR (NTN) left shaft DK55.098
SNR (NTN) Right Shaft DK55.103

Sounds easier just to replace the shafts!

Where did you buy yours from? Thanks

Well good story I was buying from Autodoc.co.uk they were taking 5 or so days to deliver but the right hand shaft I just bought on the 11th only arrived today 4/2 it shipped on the 14th then after the 26th it started to move again out of Germany I think personally they were not ready for Brexit so I guess paperwork and export numbers playing catchup. They are getting hammered on Trustpilot but it all around the same time and reason if you spent over £150 shipping is free and big price difference with more options. You see buying in strange places can save a lot of money like I bought a genuine slave cylinder 306206627R for €60 when everywhere else is over £110 and a genuine map sensor 223650035R for €25 when its £158 with Renault parts direct. I'll try to support any site sponsor but I'm in Northern Ireland so Renault parts direct will not give me shipping deals like the rest of the members on the mainland I even asked would they give me the same deal if I made sure my orders were over a certain amount but the reply was to the effect of we don't care and tuff so for the £16 they would charge me I can get genuine parts cheaper shipped across Europe for the same shipping cost. And saying all that I got a Genuine new Clutch kit with flywheel and pressure plate bolts and a Genuine radiator support for less than £350 from the Local dealer although even saying that the new genuine clutch kit is LUK with Valeo friction material so I would buy LUK from now on knowing it's good enough.

Reactions: Sean197