Cutting out...

Legend@wheels

Gold Member
Hi
Yesterday after i got out from the gas station the car started to cut out: in first gear when releasing the clutch the car get bump and revs cut ,than on second gear while driving around 2.5-3k rpm the car cut out and bump all the car.
What could cause it?
I had in mind tdc sensor and maf sensor..(maybe tb/fuel related too)
P.s didnt notice that on other gears and no lights on dash at all - but ill check later with obd.

Last edited:
Read fault codes with clip, there must be something in fault memory.
Did it splash that orange spanner light in instrument cluster when cutting out?

Yeah mate .
The only thing i can think of that related to fuel is its quality.. (and for that cant be sure lol )

Last edited:
That's what was angling at - different quality, rather than putting diesel in :wink: could be the cause though, if it's a crappy fuel...
Hah
But you know what? In a second thought- if it was fuel issue i think it would affect all gears and not only 1-2 .

Quick update
Replaced maf sensor ,cleaned tdc,air temp sensor replaced.
Seemed to be better but it still cuts..
Especially first gear on 2800-3100rpm (after that or before that it never cuts only on these revs!)when i come off the throttle/pressing clutch .

Is it stalling or cutting out? You need to read fault codes. Most cheap readers will work ok on engine fault codes. Could be throttle body or pedal issue

you dont have to get "clip" there other reanult specific obd2 readers out there..i have one got live data as well...

might be worth checking live data - on the lambda - could be that at fault causing wrong fuelling

Reactions: Legend@wheels
So i cant read it i suppose..
Sucks

yes - live data via obd2 - mine reads lambda function - all it does is produce a voltage pulse depending on fuelling - the ecu then adjust fuelling accordingly - live data reads the voltage pulse/change - should be quite alot/quickly if working correctly - if its slow points to an ageing sensor - just thinking of items it could be for your issue without it putting on an eml light or codes