cup suspension on a 197

Greetings!!

Having just bought Litchy's cup springs i'm wondering if its adviseable to fit them on my current 197 shocks or source cup ones and fit the lot??

They should be fine as lowering springs. The question is what are you hoping to achieve? I recently changed from full standard suspension to full Cup suspension, the car is a bit stiffer but is also slightly less comfortable on our less than perfect roads. I was quite happy with the handling before and only replaced the suspension because mine had a lot of miles on it. While I am quite happy with the current (Cup) setup I wouldn't do it again.

There in lies the question mate, i'm probably gonna fit them and see what i think...if i want the shocks too i'll probably get them at a later date

I recently changed from full standard suspension to full Cup suspension, the car is a bit stiffer but is also slightly less comfortable on our less than perfect roads.

At first i was pretty sure that id change from my ff cup suspension to normal suspension due to our roads being so crappy, but then after riding passenger in my friends cars (standard factory golfs/polo's etc) i realize they are pretty much just as bad & i've gotten used to it

I'd still like to road test a standard suspension though to see ifits that much kinder, at the end of the day potholes are potholes even a merc ain't gonna iron out those creases!

Last edited: