Cup spoiler: gap between tailgate and spoiler

I've noticed in picture threads of cars with the cup spoiler that some seem to dip in the middle, and touch the top brake light, while others retain a constant gap along the top of the tailgate. Being a perfectionist I'm quite keen to have this gap (yeah I'm really sad). However, i've just taken my car in to have a cup spoiler sprayed and fitted and, when doing a test fit it was clear there would be no gap. when I asked the guy if he could make sure there was a gap by bending the spoiler a little or something, he said he couldn't. Do any of you have any ideas on how to do it? Or am I just being pedantic?!

its a tell tale sign of retro-fitting.
If the car came with the cup spoiler, its fine.
If Jonny Clio who bought the car fitted it himself, its not fine.

Weird :F

Not quite true, it might mean the person fitted a spoiler from the Cup Racer rather than the one designed for the road car.

Tell tale signs are the road going designed one all the bolts are on the inside of the tailgate, the racer one has the bolts exposed and visible from the outside (they dont have to worry about them being nicked).

The spoiler for the cup racers sits closer to the boot lid as well, where as the OEM one for the road car has a bigger cap. I think the road one has a slightly shallower pitch too possibly.

Sorry I'm probably being thick, but I'm not quite sure what you're saying?
I'm asking what the best way is to make a gap?

There are a lot its fake/copy cup spoilers about, the difference the real one has quite a pronounced curve that gives the gap. Some of these copies are much straighter hence no gap.,

Do fake / copy spoilers still have the 'Renault sport' embossed in the underside of the spoiler, or do only genuine spoilers have that?

Mine is a very good fit, has the embossed logo underneath it, but still sits very close to the top of the bootlid causing it to vibrate every now and then.