Cup Chassis VS no Cup Chassis

Hi guys I'm waiting for my clio Gordini with cup chassis....It will come at the end of February.
My last car are: S2000, M3 with 19' and now I have a Golf GTI with 18' and now the Gordini.....
So i'm notfan of the limusine comfort but i really want to know how the ride with the cup chassis is in normal streets. I also think that also the wheel dimension is important. The M3 with 19 was pretty umconfortable but with the 18' the comfort goes up. The S2000 with the 17' for me is very very comfortable. The Golf GTI with 18 is a little hard but driveble.
So what the ride comfort with clio cup chassis and 17 wheel?

yer that pretty much sums it up lol

the car is designed for the 17s so the handling and ride is spot on for the car

Mine is much harder than my old MKV Golf GTI which was on 18s. It's stiff, but not crashy, so it doesn't bother me too much.

Last edited:
I drove the non cup chasis 200 as a test drive and it felt firm yet comfortable. However chose to buy with the cup pack and i am so glad i did. The handerling is so responsive and you will not be disapointed! Yes it is firm, but your teeth dont fall out!!!!

Quicker steering rack, firmer suspension.

I know you've already ordered but I always tell people to try both first. The proof is in the pudding as they say.

Last edited:
In my 200 Cup, on most roads it is difficult to keep your hand steady enought to turn the headlights on and off, without flashing the full beams - I wouldn't have it any other way.

Now I'm not looking forward to getting my Cup! :tongueout:anic:
it's OK - it's the same in my non cup (although maybe fewer roads) :lol:

I think it's more a statement on the poor roads we have to put up with in the UK than the chassis of the car you're driving :wink:

Would not have anything but cup. Had a none cup chassis on the 175dci RS megane and its like driving a very soft, but fast pudding. Cup all the way !!!

Im 49 this weekend and I ordered the cup chassis. No regrets but my wife is not too impressed first thing in the morning when she gets shaken up !

For £400 extra, its a no-brainer

Agree on trackdays but can't imagine you get any real benefit on normal UK roads, the FF chassis is very good anyway!

More than happy I went for the sport chassis. For road use, it's more suitable more of the time. I'm not willing to put up with a very firm 99% of the time for the track use mine gets.

More than happy I went for the sport chassis. For road use, it's more suitable more of the time. I'm not willing to put up with a very firm 99% of the time for the track use mine gets.

You have KW V1s on your 200 eh? How do you feel it performs on track compared to the Cup chassis.

Nope, standard suspension. On track it's slightly less controlled, pay off being slightly better traction in the damp. Similar on the road, sport chassis is less crashy, more comfortable. But not as controlled when you drive it very hard. On track the cup chassis is better, end of.

I know it'll harm some ego's, but the truth is the majority of drivers won't driver it hard enough (on the road) for it to make a difference, there just isn't the opportunity 90% of the time.