197: Cup chassis or no cup chassis

Ive seen a lovly white 197 with out cup chassis. But has got recaros and xenons. Will i miss the cup chassis or not?

Probably not in every day driving to be perfectly honest. If you plan on doing track days and the like then you may but you can always buy cup springs and dampers (they come up on here regularly) and fit them.

To me, knowing I don't have it would be more of an issue than the practical difference between the two. I like to know my car is as good as it can be.
Also, it helps resale.

I'd want it purely for red calipers if I wasn't to fussed about suspension, really want my calipers painted just don't want to bodge it with hammerite.

Are you planning to change the suspension? Because is so, then the ''no cup'' option won't make a difference, cup chassis on the 197 is just the dampers/springs (ok and the red calipers). On 200 though it is quicker rack and thicker ARB which make a difference and it is very expensive to retrofit.

On the other hand, if you are not planning to change the suspension then it's cup all the way IMO.

If the car is that good in the other departments then no, it wouldn't bother me. I wanted recaros, but I found a mint 197 that didn't have them. It was worth the compromise.

Whats it coast to retrofit cup springs and dampers

Second hand parts with small miles on them come up regularly on here. Check the for sale section. For the best price on new parts 'ask Karl' in the ark Karl section.

Kwl. I thinks its going to be a trip then to view it

You won't be disappointed. I asked the same question when I bought my 197, and as I don't drive it 'like I stole it' all the time am very happy with the standard setup. Having owned or driven most hot hatches, I am always pleasantly surprised just how complient the ride is (not at all crashy over bumps) yet will still corner harder than almost anything else I have driven.

Remember on the 200 the cup chassis is more than just dampers and springs. You have the quicker steering rack and stiffer ARB also.