Cruise control issue

Graham123

Paid Member
HI, I'm having an issue with the cruise control on a RS200. Basically the '+" & '-' buttons on the steering wheel do not do what they should. The '+' button 9 times out of 10 does nothing (but sometimes works correctly), whereas the '-' button both sets the speed and increases speed if you press it quickly. I've read through a number of posts and people have pointed to a brake pedal switch, but would that not deactivate the whole thing, rather than messing with what the buttons are supposed to do. It's not a big issue but wouldn't mind it working right if it is possible. Thanks.

Very basic I personally don't like cruse control but are you sure you are using it in the correct mode there is cruise and limiter mode I've a 197 so the switch is blind off to the right and it is hard to remember which way to switch it the light should be green or amber on the dash according to mode. I think a Renault clip would be needed to see if a component is missing and confirm button operation causing the system to go safe mode and disconnect control of the throttle.