crazy dealership experiance

i recently had a new engine fitted under warranty by reanult prenton had no problems at all they were great, but just as a precaution i kept my eye on all the levels just incase (coolant,oil) i drove back to germany not long after and noticed that the coolant had almost gone so i topped it up myself once just incase it hadnt all got round the system at the dealership checked it later that day and dropped again so topped it up again and the next morning took it to a german reanult dealer they said they will look at it and have it back to me by midday the next day and true to there word they rang and said your car is ready to pick up i went to the dealership ready to pick my car up (its still under warranty) and was presented with a bill (£180) i asked why as i thought a pipe had been inncorrectly fitted and it would be covered under warranty but the guy told me that a mouse or some kind of animal had bit though the rubber pipe obviously socked by this i asked to see the pipe and it was a stright split (no nibble marks) i asked how he new it was an animal and he said he picked the animal tooth out as it was stuck in the pipe i asked to see the tooth and he said it was gone now if i was the mechanic who fixed this problem i would have kept the tooth to show the customer but they never :001_rolleyes: coincedently so with this i argued the case that i didnt believe his story it went back and forth like this with me refusing to pay and him refusing to give me my car neither of us got aggresive he eventually ran out of patience and said he would ring the police i told him to go ahead as ii had done nothing wrong he did and ten minutes later the police turn up he went outside and met them and began to tell them his side of the story they came inside and basically told me i had to pay for the car i told the police officer that he hadent even listened to what i had to say my points where he had no proof of his claim and that no one had called me to ask me if this work that would cost me could be carried out at this he turned to the renault employee and spoke in german to him (dont know what he said) he then said the only way to resolve this issue would be to pay for the car and take it though lawyers i had to agree as i couldnt go without my car while it gets sorted what do you guys think? PS sorry about the spelling and punctuation

Did you end up paying the bill? I wouldn't have paid a penny and the police won't do jack because its a civil disagreement.

Last edited:
sadly i did because i couldnt go without my car but i have free legal requirments supplied by the army so it wont cost me a thing to get this sorted and i think i have got a good case only thing is i didnt get the rubber hose back :worried:

Well if you've paid mate just cause damage to the dealership to the tune of 5x what you've had to pay them. Easy peasey :smile:

sadly i did because i couldnt go without my car but i have free legal requirments supplied by the army so it wont cost me a thing to get this sorted and i think i have got a good case only thing is i didnt get the rubber hose back :worried:

Its a difficult situation and you probably did the right thing at the time. Worst case scenario if you refused to pay the dealer they could have kept hold of your car and like you said you needed it back. Just hope you can get your money back, it might be worth going above the dealer and contacting Renault UK customer services because you have a good case seeing as you have just had some major warranty work carried out which has more than likely contributed to the new problem with the car.

Eek what a load of bullocks.thought our garages were BAD but that just total bullcrap.hope you phone up Renault and get yer monies back

i tryed ringing renault uk up but there closed on the weekend :worried: either way am going to make sure something gets done and i was something free for the way i was treated it was embarrasing people were in the dealership when all this was happening il ring RUK tomorrow

aaahhh just wait till u get back and claim ptsd as the main reason behind it lol an good luck m8 keep safe u got a bastion tour or fob/pb?

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Steve.humberstone Clio 197 Area 2
colt3003 Other Marques 13
Roy General Chat 1
Deaks General Chat 9
J Other Marques 8