Cracked exhaust manifold

Hey guys, just wondering if anyone has experienced a cracked exhaust manifold?Mine has cracked in two places so I've been told. Car hasn't even covered 26k miles yet :S

Also, do you think I could claim it under warranty even though it's likely considered wear and tear? But only 26k miles :worried:

How old? I can't see how a manifold is consider a wear&tear part as although you wouldnt expect it to last forever it should last a reasonable length of time in the same way the gearboxes SHOULD last a reasonable amount of time/distance.

2011 :S I've seen people quoted £900 for parts and labour from renault on here. That's a scary thought if I have to pay that. So you think it should be covered under warranty?

For a 2011 car with pretty average mileage? I don't know the Ts&Cs of the warranty but I'd be expecting it to be replaced under the warranty. A manifold only lasting 2 years is definitely not fit for purpose.

*Edit

http://www.renault.co.uk/Resources/...l_Models_UK_Vehicles_PRIOR_to_010911FINAL.pdf

It does mention exhaust I'm afraid but it does say there is scope for replacement if due to material/manufacturing defect. I'd say it's pretty defective on either account no? Either way I'd kick up the proverbial storm of fecal matter if they tried to fob me off.

Last edited:
I agree. Will take it to Renault tomorrow and see what they have to say about it.

You may end up having to speak to RUK on this though (see above) as I'm pretty sure the garage will just fob you off.