Cracked alloy

_Chris.T_

Paid Member
So was out earlier raising my coilovers as the tyres are too wide and scraping on the arch, I took the front wheel off and was quite worried when I saw this

B912F425-78CF-489A-AE52-723F800386DA_zpsldxejb5g.jpg
DAB1103F-C48B-44BA-B852-01C8EDBBFB5D_zpsrqiks25z.jpg
DAB1103F-C48B-44BA-B852-01C8EDBBFB5D_zpsrqiks25z.jpg
B912F425-78CF-489A-AE52-723F800386DA_zpsldxejb5g.jpg

now to me it looks to have been fixed before as there is a ridge on the flat space between the bolt holes, so am worried that it's just going to collapse at some point while out driving.

Fixable?
Doesn't seem deep but because it's so close to the holes I think it may be best to bin and see if I can source another.

Sick of my rotten luck with everything :|

Sorry to say but I think its destined for scrap. With it being the only contact with the road and under imense pressure, I certainly wouldnt put it back on.

You say you have no luck - Im afraid I would have to disagree as this could have caused some serious consequences had your wheel collapsed or fallen off at speed.

Yeah just trying to source one now, this month ain't gonna be fun :/

yeah ah suppose it could have come off. Could have been like that for months and Ive not realised :/

its a scrapper is that wheel - evenif it was welded its a ticking time bomb to break again and cause an accident :thumbdown: