Cornering speeds.....

I made them change two budget rears to two Michelin pilot exaltos when buying my car to match front!
Tyres do play a massive role i think, don't know how your sliding round corners, mine feels planted around corners, few occasions I've got it sliding, but I have to push it!

Mine had some Nankang Ditchfinder 2000 on the left rear when I picked her on 12.05.10. By dinnertime on 13.05.10, she had a Conti' on there. :smiley:

The dealer was adamant it wasn't recently fitted, but I know it wasn't on there when I went to sign the paperwork.

id like to see what the tyres from the 265 trophy are like.

ive ran the potenza's on the vxr and they were megga think the megane ones are the next ones up

ive ran the potenza's on the vxr and they were megga think the megane ones are the next ones up

If you watch the vid of the 265 going around the 'Ring, its sounds like they are constantly struggling for clip (Tyre squeal like nothing else). Obviously do the trick though.

Just got the tyres the car came with new which are conti's i think? I think it might be just myself tbh, I had a crash a long time ago on a corner in which the car slid out. Ever since just feel like every corner I drive I'm going to slip on, but when i seem to put the power down the car feels like its starting to slide to the direction of the corner. Definitely going to look into some tuition, them prices seem very reasonable!

Sounds like more of a confidence thing as opposed to the car actually sliding...
I hope you get your Mojo back dude.

FMP has fitted the 265 tires to his, hopefully he will review soon.

As for me sliding, it is only when pressing on :wink:

Mentioned before but also the tyre pressure does have a huge difference, not checked mine in a while and after a comment earlier here I checked it. Was running mid to late 20's all round so did fronts to 32psi and rears to 30 psi. Fantastic difference!!

If you watch the vid of the 265 going around the 'Ring, its sounds like they are constantly struggling for clip (Tyre squeal like nothing else). Obviously do the trick though.

Tyre squeal isn't always bad though. Mine squeal alot under conering mainly because I tend to like entry understeer just like in the vid.

Mentioned before but also the tyre pressure does have a huge difference, not checked mine in a while and after a comment earlier here I checked it. Was running mid to late 20's all round so did fronts to 32psi and rears to 30 psi. Fantastic difference!!

come for a spin one night swap cars and you can see if it's any different

Interesting to note that a lot of these positive comments are coming from 197owners with a 'non cup' set up which is a postive for me seeing as I couldn't live with the cup packed 200 so I now have a standard 200.

Bring on the corners :thumbup:

In my opinion the 'Cup' will win on a super smooth track but standard setup is much better able to cope with 'real roads'. That's why I went FF.

I run 30PSi all round, sticks like sh!t to a blanket when warm and not a sniff of uneven wear.

Fronts warm up faster than rears on FWD anyway and as such the pressure increases more/faster.

In my opinion the 'Cup' will win on a super smooth track but standard setup is much better able to cope with 'real roads'. That's why I went FF.

Yep non cup is still amazing in the twisties but soaks up the bumps nicely.

The cup pack does make the car more intuitive to drive and look better due to the lower ride height.

Forgot to add that whatever you buy, most people will run out of talent before the car runs out of ability!!!!

My worst running out of talent while thinking I was a drifting god resulted in
8StangAfterADrift2Farbyroadsideafterstack.gif
Resulted in hefty bill in S197 parts, new axle/diff, left side suspension, wheel Tyre even Hub & brake caliper got mashed up, but hey I was having fun :smile: