Coolant bleed point replacement screw

matt9566

Paid Member
Does anybody have the part number for the plastic screw on the bleed point in the picture, not sure if it comes separate or will I need to buy the full pipe. Losing a small amount of coolant out of it, assuming the threads have gone.

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks

PA110019_zps7swnp4ba.jpg

[MENTION=52200]montana[/MENTION] Funnily enough I actually haven't checked, I had been losing a little coolant for quite a while so when my car went in for it's service I got my mechanic to have a look to see if there was a leak..
He found that it was the plastic bleed screw, I'm assuming he attempted to tighten it because he told me to source a new one then he will change the coolant and replace the screw free of charge. But I will double check that it's as tight as it will go when I finish work.

I did email Renault Parts Direct and they said it was full pipe only showing @ £28.80 plus postage which I think is excessive as I only need the screw.. It's really not losing much at all but if anyone knows if you can get it separate or has one laying about I will happily pay for it. If not it will have to be the full pipe

Thanks

Try to look for a second hand part for few bucks only .
Plus i hope coolant doesnt have any acid in it that eats metal/paint like the brake fluid does.( If it does too so watch out!)

@montana Funnily enough I actually haven't checked, I had been losing a little coolant for quite a while so when my car went in for it's service I got my mechanic to have a look to see if there was a leak..
He found that it was the plastic bleed screw, I'm assuming he attempted to tighten it because he told me to source a new one then he will change the coolant and replace the screw free of charge. But I will double check that it's as tight as it will go when I finish work.

I did email Renault Parts Direct and they said it was full pipe only showing @ £28.80 plus postage which I think is excessive as I only need the screw.. It's really not losing much at all but if anyone knows if you can get it separate or has one laying about I will happily pay for it. If not it will have to be the full pipe

Thanks

Given that its so high on the engine, you will be able to remove the screw and inspect the threads i would have thought (do it when the engine is cold though). You may loose a tiny amount of coolant i would imagine but that can be easily topped back up.