Contisport 3 or Toyos?

I need 2 new front tyres and with winter around the corner, need to be good in the wet.
I'm thinking either:
Contisport Contact 3 (£249.50 from KwikFit)
Toyo Proxes T1-R (£169.60 through BlackCircles)

Should I go with the Conti's that I know grip or the cheaper Toyo's?
(I have no experience of either in the wet)
And is this price the best I will get or is there anywhere else apart from Black Circles or MyTyres?

Last edited:
I Have the TOYO on the front of mine they look great nice aggresive tread pattern not as good in the wet as the sport contact 3 though good for the price though £180 the pair fitted

Last edited:
for the price the toyo offer very good levels of grip - mine took ages to actually deliver that grip for some reason :'(

as for the conti - they are very soft and wear very quickly - but do provide the levels of grip but you pay the price :mellow:

have you tried -

etyres
tyretraders
simplytyres
camskill
event tyres

Last edited:
i just purchased 4 uniroyals, the larger 225 size. I like the uniroyals, had them on my 172, last good, great in the wet, great in the dry, and a good price, all 4 for £320, better than toyo s**t.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love Toyo T1Rs. Find them far more readable in all weather conditions than the contis. They may not have the same level of out and out grip, but because they are more readable I can go faster than I would risk on the Contis.

Toyos everytime. Always used em in every car and cant complain.

They overall perform everywhere i find, at a reasonable price and duration.

Toyo T1R are excellent, I have them on the front and they have good grip and they are not wearing in 2 minutes like the contis did.