Conti 3: what pressure for trackday

Hello,

I cannot find any tyre pressures for the continental sc3 for a trackday.

Or do I simply use the stock recommendations ?

Hello,

I cannot find any tyre pressures for the continental sc3 for a trackday.

Or do I simply use the stock recommendations ?

i think book pressures are F33 R31 arent they.... depends on weather.

If its wet id consider going as low as F29 R27

if dry or hot then book, or 1 or two higher.

Ive not put the 200 on track yet though, so im basing my general comments on my experience from my old 172

I used to run that 26/24 in the wet... and up it as things dried out.

Reactions: tomislavp4
I usually do a sighting lap then run 28/28 as my base pressure. Adjust to suit after another run.

This gave me entry under steer so adjust to how you like. Not sure if it's to do with the pressure but I got 22k out of my contis with 6 track days.

30 PSi cold all round.

Never had a single problem with this with grip or feel or tyre wear or anything else. :smile:

There's likely to be many different opinions on this though and a lot of it will come down to how people drive and how people like/expect their cars to handle. Personally, this has always given me a neutral and consistent car as the day goes on, tyres don't seem to overheat with this pressure and the car is very predictable both when under hard braking and heavy cornering load.

I do drive very smoothly though, no tyres hanging off rims or any of that business on my photos. Just a nice blue/green tinge on the shoulder of the tyres after a good days thrashing...

Last edited:
i think book pressures are F33 R31 arent they.... depends on weather.

If its wet id consider going as low as F29 R27

if dry or hot then book, or 1 or two higher.

Ive not put the 200 on track yet though, so im basing my general comments on my experience from my old 172

I used to run that 26/24 in the wet... and up it as things dried out.

You should raise tyre pressures in the wet, not lower them