Complete Meg 225, perfect for conversion. CHEAP

Gez

Moderator & South Wales Rep
As above, there's one on ClioSport.net. Failed an MOT due to worn bushes etc, guy has the failure sheet, and he can't afford to do it all.

2K for the complete car!

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/show...ge-Megane-225-spares-or-repair-offers-over-2k

heres the Ad to those who can view the link:

We have unfortunately decided to sell our Megane - I am gutted about this because we looked for a while to get one, and it's been a perfect car for Claire to use and run the kids about in, but as she is still out of work we need to release some funds

What is even more gutting is we have just had a load of work done with Dan @ SJM (listed below)

So the basic details

Renault Megane 225
Lux pack (So has Xenon's, auto lights & wipers, climate control, auto unlock, key only needs to be on your person to start the car etc)
89,000 miles
2 months MOT (I will put 12 months MOT on for the asking price)
2 months tax
Inferno Orange
Wheels painted black

The previous owner was a Renualt tech, and so carried out the servicing and cambelt change himself - I do not have receipts for the belt, but after speaking to him and listening to him technically, I have no reason not to believe him - the belt is due August next year.

The car is standard bar the painted wheels and Claire has had the rear windows tinted slightly to help keep the Sun off the kids. Oh it also has some wind deflectors on the front windows, which are brilliant at keeping the wind out, but whistle lol.

Although it is standard, it pulls like a train - without doubt the quickest 225 I have driven. We are also the 3rd owners.

The good points:

Last month I dropped the car down to Dan (SJM) as a rear caliper was sticking, and the clutch pedal started to sink. I guessed it would have been slave cylinder - I was right, and as Dan was changing that I told him to fit a new clutch at the same time - this is when he found the flywheel was also worn - it has a good bit of movement in it, so he replaced the flywheel too. He also fitted 2 new rear calipers, and I asked him to investigate the knocking over bumps and the vague feeling in the steering - I also had a horrible feeling it would be the front hub bearings, but luckily you can now buy the bearings and change them, which Dan has done.

We also have fitted a genuine set of RS mats, over £50 from Renault but fit lovely.

The bodywork is in fantastic condition and the paintwork is fantastic in the sunlight! The engine pulls brilliantly and hasn't used a drop of oil.

So as you can see, it has recently had a huge amount of work carried out.

The car does have some bad points:

The front tyres are low, but I do have 2 premium tyres that are near new which I will give free with the car.
The drivers side window doesn't work. Renault will cover 76% of the cost of fixing this, which equates to approx £120
There is an occasional creak from the steering - it has always been there, and I can't find anything wrong, it only seems to do it occasionally at low speed, but is rare.
It does have a few odd rattles, as per the usual Reanult.
It is due a service within the next 1000 miles (the count down timer on the dash tells me lol)
I had fitted a new n/s/f tyre pressure sensor but I don't have the tools to code it in.
The aircon needs a re-gas.

As you can see, the bad points are minor, but I want to be as honest as I can.

The car has been great to us, and we had all this work done in the hope we would keep it long term, but unfortunately things don't always work out the way we want.

Collection from SN16

UPDATE:

I put it in for its MOT and it failed on the n/s wishbone which has worn bushes.- the creak I mentioned in the first post has now got more common, and checking it out seems to be due to the worn lower arm.

So I am offering the car for spares or repairs - I need the car moved as soon as possible due to the need to release some funds (As said my partner is out of work) so the first person to make an offer with a 2 in front of it takes the car.

The engine and box are worth not far off that, so it will be a great bargain for someone who wants a project or perfect to fit into a 172/182 - breaking the rest of the car would make your money back.

So the first offer over £2,000 takes the car - it is still taxed, but I would recommend not driving it due to the legality of it - it obviously drives fine as I was expecting it to pass the MOT

Please contact me for more info

Last edited:
That bodywork looks in mint condition and he's selling for spares? Surely the repair isn't worth dropping the car from 3k to "Anything with a 2 in front". I'd be sceptical, but it has had a new clutch and flywheel..

In desperate times people will sell at low prices just to move on.. Its an ideal buy for a Meg conversion. 2k for the car, spend.another 1k on getting the engine completely rebuilt and sell the rest of the car in spares, you'll easily make your money back if your prepared to put the work in.

In desperate times people will sell at low prices just to move on.. Its an ideal buy for a Meg conversion. 2k for the car, spend.another 1k on getting the engine completely rebuilt and sell the rest of the car in spares, you'll easily make your money back if your prepared to put the work in.
True that.
I agree, even without the engine, I'd imagine the shell would sell for a fair bit if it's in as good condition as the photos. Highly desirable colour.