company lease of 123d

right im looking into this in a serious way.

i always thought it wouldnt work out cheaper for me to go and lease a car. (123d is the car in question) due to my MPA which is around 20,000.

i have just found that most leasing companies don't mind this sort of milage. it just costs a tiny amount more each month.

does this seem like a good deal however.

a 123d with pretty much every option ticked, can be put on my drive for

£300 a month over 3 years £10800 all in.

rrp is around 28,000, with 60k on the clock they are currently being sold for around 17,000k which seems a good deal to me... :S

am i missing something? its 3 months up front aswell.

What deposit?

Is that brand new ? I'm thinking about a convertible one of these but not looked into deals yet.

What's the difference between a lease and a pcp ?

Can companies only lease and individuals pcp ?

its the coupe.

with company leasing im able to claim back the vat costs.

normally your limited to 10k mpa i thought but with some companies it seems you can do up to 20k

With a PCP you have the option for a final purchase, with a lease you don't. Individuals can lease but the benefit to a business is in reclaiming the VAT. Leases can also include maintenance.

With a PCP, it is essentially Hire Purchase, you pay your monthly payment then have the balloon with the option to return or settle. You have a financial interest in the vehicle as any equity between the value and settlement (or final value) belongs to you.

With a lease you are really just renting the car, you have no financial interest in the car, regardless of its value at the end of the agreement.

Most lease companys will offer different mileage rates, however with a longer term and higher mileage the residual value of the vehicle can fall significantly which can increase costs.

It is important to look at differing terms as well as annual mileages; from the lease co's perspective a 6m old car with 10k miles isn't high mileage, a 12m old car with 20k could be considered high mileage and a 24m old car with 40k is high mileage, with the resulting impacts upon value. Also the longer the term / higher the mileage the greater the maintenance implications. In the 6m example the car probably won't need any maintenance spend.