coilovers height

how do you actually change the height? i have three rings. the top ring that is directly under the spring, i thought this is the one i change for height clearance, but now im not so sure?

Not sure about 3 but on adjustable shocks I've had you move the one in contact with the spring to adjust the height and the 2nd one to lock it all in place.

Not sure about 3 but on adjustable shocks I've had you move the one in contact with the spring to adjust the height and the 2nd one to lock it all in place.

sorry i have 2 rings and not three, too early for me this lol. but then as the spring is short in effect, wont the ride be crap?

all depends on your spring rate (stiffness of the spring) - if the spring is too short you can use short "helper" springs that go on and stop the coil from going "loose" with no car weight on (also an mot fail) and help with the ride

the springs on the clio are "progressive" ie the coils and thickness of the coils varies as the spring is compressed so they go stiffer as compressed

as long as the spring rate and dampers are matched the ride etc should be ok

but IF you go too low you will run out of suspension travel and end up hitting the stops....not good if you hit a bump mid-corner!

Last edited:
all depends on your spring rate (stiffness of the spring) - if the spring is too short you can use short "helper" springs that go on and stop the coil from going "loose" with no car weight on (also an mot fail) and help with the ride

the springs on the clio are "progressive" ie the coils and thickness of the coils varies as the spring is compressed so they go stiffer as compressed

as long as the spring rate and dampers are matched the ride etc should be ok

but IF you go too low you will run out of suspension travel and end up hitting the stops....not good if you hit a bump mid-corner!

cheers, foxy, never saw how low mine was at FCS then huh lol