Cobra Daytona seat fitting.........

sevenfourate

Devotee of OCD
Paid Member
I emailed Cobra seats today - and explained that i'm 6'3 and approx 15 stone (On a bit of a health kick and lost nearly 1.5 stone already !).....and was pretty sure i'm about to purchase a Daytona seat to fit into my Clio 3.

This is the reply:

"Good Morning Syer, You shouldn't have any problems with it at all. I would recommend speaking to your Cobra dealer about the different base options available. The biggest problem is going to be making sure the seat is mounted as low as possible in the car to give you enough headroom.

Many Thanks"

So - without going to a dealer.....can any of you fine folk explain some mounting options to me ?

**** I've NEVER had an aftermarket seat before, and have never researched / bought / fitted a non standard seat into a car of mine or anyone elses !

Any insight hugely appreciated.

Have you considered calling somewhere like Demon Tweeks to discuss? I know it takes the fun out of researching and the satisfaction of sussing out the answer, but thought I'd mention it as I remember as a kid drooling at their catalogues and thinking what could be chucked into a 1.7 Renault 5 [emoji16]

If you go side mount on your seats you have alot of adjustment regarding height im 5'9" and had to use taller side mounts as I couldn't see out the window lol iv left the passenger seat low tho

Reactions: sevenfourate
Have you considered calling somewhere like Demon Tweeks to discuss? I know it takes the fun out of researching and the satisfaction of sussing out the answer, but thought I'd mention it as I remember as a kid drooling at their catalogues and thinking what could be chucked into a 1.7 Renault 5 [emoji16]

Absolutely. I've no problem with a phone-call. And gaining knowledge from them would be great Micah.

Just would be nice if i had the foggiest idea what i was talking about first !

if you contact any seller they should be able to tell what you will need in order to get your new seats fitted..

You need an omp seat mount that's the flat plate that bolts directly to the floor the bracket you posted sometimes comes with the seats and you might get runners too

I would recommend that you install the seats with side mounts only I.e. No subframe, the OMP one is poop. You will end up re drilling it to suit anyway.

The Clio race cars seats fit directly to the floor, so the mounts are available from R sport

Retune also do them - https://www.facebook.com/rentune/

You will probably also need to lower the column - this is quite straight forward.

As for seats you need to sit in them, a visit to DT or GSM will sort out what you fit into.

We recently removed a Cobra profit evo and replaced it with a Bimarco, a cheaper seat but a much much better fit for both chris and I

I would recommend that you install the seats with side mounts only I.e. No subframe, the OMP one is poop. You will end up re drilling it to suit anyway.

The Clio race cars seats fit directly to the floor, so the mounts are available from R sport

Retune also do them - https://www.facebook.com/rentune/

You will probably also need to lower the column - this is quite straight forward.

Superb - another option :smile:

THANKS.

I have Cobra evolution seats in mine (head restraint seats are required in certain classes I run).
There was 2 different size options available (I'm 110kg) so I went for the larger width (GT I think they call it).
I purchased a set of universal side mounts which bolted directly to the seat (they have multiple height fitments), I fitted a set of universal slides to these mounts which allow the seat to slide back & forth as per oem, i then made a set of mounts (from 1" aluminium box section) that attach the slides to the floor.
With regard to the height I'm 6" & my seats are so low I have the s/wheel fully lowered. You could be 7" & sit in my car & still have headroom so seat height is no issue if you do it correctly. Hope this helps.

IMG_3144.JPG

IMG_3014 - Copy.JPG