clutch

Legend@wheels

Gold Member
hi
what are the differences between them ? 7701478638,302054180R
they are both supposed to be genuine clutch kit(plate,clutch itself and slave cylinder)
thx folks

@Foxspeed

Reactions: renaultpartsdirect
all i need for fully clutch service is ,pressure plate,clutch,slave cylinder ,correct?
the car done 50k.miles so i suppose the fly wheel is in good shape .

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

just to let you all know:
the 180r is an refurbished/remanufactured kit and the 638 is a brand new kit(both new but the 180r consists used elements in it but restored..)
and as all of you already guess the 180r is cheaper too.

Reactions: Car.crash
All clutch maunfacturers by each other others clutches, CSC'cand bearings and re-box them and sell them as their own.
So having both names is not unusual.

I remember when I got mine there was a small surcharge offered by Renault for the old one. I guess so they can refurbish it.
I checked the part number on mine and it's the Renault refurbished one.

Car drives fine and clutch feels like a new one should.

I had two delaminate after only a few 1000 miles. When I took it to Sean at Jade Developments he said he had similar experience and will no longer use the reconditioned units. Perhaps mine was just bad luck.

i see..
well the brand new kit is more expensive by over 70% (here).
but since its a part that lasts alot i think ill go with the brand new(638) and the more expensive kit

Reactions: john_walker74
Try and get the slave cylinder with the one piece metal pipe, I've seen the 2 piece plastic unit fail after only a few miles which means box out again !!

the metal is none genuine right?
and yes the oe one is really prone to fail :/ .
poor built